S2 and S3 pupils have been working with Adobe Illustrator to create a vector drawing of their name for future use in their e-portfolios, Dreamweaver webpage and other applications- perhaps as part of a business card when they have left school ?- a long way away for these guys perhaps! The pupils originally created their names in pencil and India ink which was then scanned and then traced using Illustrator. Pupils were introduced to using the pen tool and opacity layers. Further lessons included creating compound paths, simplifying paths, and using the Bevel and Emboss 3D effect filter. Pupils who completed the basic task got the chance to play around with using some of the symbols and paint brush tools.
Its been such a busy week at school yet again. Creating webpages for the school website for the learning support department- teaching English and ESOL classes. Talking to S5/6 parents at the parents night yesterday and teaching all my art classes to boot but really all I’ve wanted to do all week is get going with the painted windows project. I spent ages at the weekend photoshopping and enlarging the original design to make them fit into the two long rectangles of the window frames. I am really happy with the design so far but I just haven’t had time to do anything at school to take it further. However today we went to the chapel with the photography club at lunchtime to get some shots of the amazing statue of Mary- notoriously difficult to photograph (I’ve yet to see a good photo of her!) and I nearly had a heart attack when both Mrs Macfadyen and I thought- the designs on paper look way too big! However after marching all the way back up to the department and back down again and putting them right up to the frames THANKFULLY they fit perfectly-phew! They look awesome so I’m really happy- keep watching out for more updates hopefully soon.
In art we have been focusing on our puppets. We are now at the stage of painting our costumes. It has taken us a long time to get to the painting for we had to make the puppet with Plaster of Paris then we had to make our facial features with the same stuff. Then we designed the costumes and that took us to the present painting. Art with Mrs . Steinart is very fun and creative I love art this year
The mural of a Parisian skyline in the Modern Languages department has been in the plans and on the go for more than a year now. There is never enough time to complete these tasks it seems. Various classes have been helping out with the painting of the background and the creation of the relief sculpture buildings that will go on the bottom of the mural. Hopefully it will be done and dusted by the end of this week or next- I’m keeping my fingers crossed!